- RiseNow led the client through a rigorous solution evaluation process and delivered a comprehensive global Success Blueprint
- Award of global S2P implementation to RiseNow/Xoomworks Procurement partnership
- Deployment of JAGGAER manufacturing solution globally in 4 regions, USCA, EMEA, LATAM and APAC
- Project on track with first region scheduled to go live in Q1 2021
- Significant benefits expected from automation, spend, contract and supplier management
About the Client
The client, RiseNow, is a US-based Fortune 500 company operating in over 50 countries, with over 100 manufacturing locations.
For our client cost-effective sourcing of materials and services is key to company success.
Procurement operations have been supported by disparate systems in different regions; SAP Ariba in the US and Canada and EMEA, with Oracle iProcure and various ERPs used in LATAM and APAC. Interim solutions have also proliferated for local use, increasing maintenance costs and complexity and existing systems have suffered from low user adoption. As a result, the percentage of spend under management has been poor. Opportunities for efficiencies and compliance have been missed.
The Company needed a solution that would:
- Be widely accepted globally by its users
- Support all categories of indirect spend
- Enable all its suppliers to participate
- Enable global standardization and scalability
Given the importance of making the right decision in the selection of a global Source to Pay solution, and for setting themselves up for success, the company realized they needed to do much more than follow a traditional software selection.
The Company selected RiseNow to lead them though this important solution evaluation and partnering process. RiseNow is a platform-neutral supply chain consultancy with over 20 years of experience in delivering procurement solutions. Based on the collective expert experience of 250+ successful S2P implementations, RiseNow’s proven “Best Vendor” and “Success Blueprint” processes were utilized to guide the Team through a rigorous evaluation of industry solutions and to deliver a comprehensive global Source to Pay Blueprint defining the future state design and implementation.
The combined “Best Vendor” and “Success Blueprint” project delivered the following outcomes:
- Best Vendor Evaluation Framework and Advisory Support
- S2P Solution Blueprint / Design
- Integration Model / Total Cost of Ownership
- Implementation Plan and Resource LOE
- Change Management Plan
- Master Data Management Approach
- Business Case Model
- Executive Presentation and Support
The process allowed them to evaluate solutions on an even playing field and to reach a fact-based, unanimous decision in selecting JAGGAER as their solution/partner of choice. Additionally, this effort has “set the bar” for future projects for the Company, as project sponsors and executive leadership commented that they would never embark on a Project of this size and magnitude without first going through a Success Blueprint.
Global Implementation Partnership
Responding to the Company’s competitive RFP, RiseNow prepared an initial proposal for the worldwide implementation of the JAGGAER Spend Management solution. Recognizing the need to bolster their global presence, US-based RiseNow reached out to Xoomworks Procurement to explore the possibility of a joint bid. Building on the similarities between the two companies and Xoomworks’ in-depth presence in the EMEA and APAC regions, a joint proposal was submitted.
The Xoomworks / RiseNow partnership provides clients with a clear alternative to the traditional Global System Integrators (GSIs). Recognizing the effectiveness of a global partnership between RiseNow and Xoomworks, the customer was confident in the award decision, based on the level of expertise and experience of the consultants assigned to the project.
The project kicked off in Q3 2019 with the following scope:
- Replacement of SAP Ariba systems with a global JAGGAER-based solution globally
- Implementation of a global solution for indirect spend (upstream and downstream) and direct spend (upstream only)
- Integration of the S2P solution with 10 ERPs and other enterprise systems, involving over 100 interfaces
- Global deployment of S2P standards and best practices (in 40 languages)
- Enabling localization when required, e.g. tax, legislation and regulatory requirements
The RiseNow/Xoomworks partnership follows the ‘One Team’ approach to delivering transformational change with the client as a single team. The focus is on outcomes, not just technical go-lives.
Initially Xoomworks and RiseNow consultants were often on site, with the Global Project Manager adjusting work hours to provide more overlap between European and US time zones. The COVID-19 crisis has changed ways of working significantly, but Xoomworks and RiseNow reacted quickly, deploying effective remote working techniques, such as Slack channels, Sharepoint and video conferencing.
Deployment of the new solution will enable the client to hit its performance targets in the S2P space, including usability, functionality, quality of support and cost of ownership, specifically:
- Strong user adoption
- Improve spend under management
- Increased productivity, with invoice payment automation
- Cost savings from intelligent sourcing and purchasing
- Global roll-out of a single solution
- Download the case study to read the whole story.
Download our client story to learn more about this project.