As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will help shape and drive the technical direction of automation testing, collaborate with key internal stakeholders, and have a good focus on Data Quality. Help shape, inform, and embed best practice in our testing automated processes to support it to a high level.
Work within a team that has high impact and importance for the business.
You’ll make a real impact by taking an active role in the team’s Agile practices, technical decision making and development, generating value and continuously striving to improve the quality and reliability of our data and processes
You’ll also be part of the SDET, Quality community contributing towards practices and processes.
Key Accountability and Responsibility
- Responsible for ensuring product features are tested meeting the agreed standards of quality including reliability, usability, and performance. Supporting a risk-based approach to testing.
- Responsible for following the Testing Strategy, Test Approach and test automation framework that underpins it.
- Responsible for following the Data Strategy to support testing.
- Responsible for working closely with the Business Analysts and Engineers ensuring they have a good understanding of the user story features/ functionality.
- Monitor and improve Test Coverage, Defect numbers and Production Stability.
- Ensure requirements and solutions are aligned and focused on delivering customer outcome.
- Creating and supporting the development of standards, tools, and techniques for testing
- Define additional exploratory testing to provide additional layer of testing where it is needed.
- Coaching and mentoring of testing practices within the team
- Advocate Testing Automation and that quality is everyone’s responsibility.
- Actively contributing towards practices and processes of the Quality community
- Accountable and responsible for meaningful and transparent reporting, using Jira Reporting as your single source of truth for work.
- Involved in the RCA (Route Cause Analysis) process of Live incidents.
- Working with the team to identify and implement a strategy for non-functional requirements including performance and infosec.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of testing best practices.
- Advocating and leading a team in developing a quality first mindset
- Proven experience of managing end to end testing activities within an Agile (iterative) development environment.
- Proven experience of using work management tools such as Jira and the ability to generate useful reports and metrics.
- Proven experience in delivering small to medium scale complicated initiatives. e.g., multiple partners/ suppliers, multiple locations, changing priorities.
- Work within a team that has high impact and importance for the business.
- Proven experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience in facilitating team conversations to reach decisions and outcome.
- Experience in effective communication and influencing skills of team.
- Experience in Stakeholders management
- Knowledge of Data Engineering practices
- Some experience working with real time stream services.
- Some experience of testing APIs.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker based testing.
- Experience of writing automated tests using [JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber, AssertJ, OKHTTP3, pytest]
- Good knowledge of CI and CD practices, ideally with a relevant technology (Jenkins, GoCD)
- Proven experience analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of [Java and/or Python] programming
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Some experience of exploratory, security and performance testing
Key Performance Indicators (WIP) / Behaviours
- Execute test strategy and support the team to meet their agreed test coverage.
- Testing Framework is part of the development pipeline.
- Monitor and improve on test coverage and performance.
- Part of the process to create 2-3 sprints worth of business refined tickets in the backlog and the team focused on working towards the next most important thing.
- Support new ways to measure quality and productivity with data to backup recommendations.
- Contributing to community of practice initiative(s)
- Identifies opportunities for the team and community to improve ways of working.
- Demonstrate how you are keeping current.
- Initiate the 3-Amigos session to drive quality and improvements.
- Pivotal in defining the teams Definition of Ready and Done
- Report quality best practices adopting a transparent and visible approach encompassing BCE (Basic Customer Expectation), immune system, technical debt, and project delivery.