What you will be working on:
- Key responsibilities centre around interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- As a fintech start-up, security and stability is as critical to us as performance, so working with security data is also part of this role. We have a state-of-the-art infrastructure-as-code setup which you will be interacting with and contributing to.
- Developing APIs to applications running in the public and private cloud
- Developing a scalable and highly performant system with everything this entails (automation, availability, monitoring, resilience)
- Taking architectural ownership for various critical components and systems
- Contributing to reviews, retrospectives and planning discussions for technical, product and company decisions
- Developing system specifications for existing and new modules.
- Developing and executing comprehensive system and unit testing on the modules.
- Communicating and documenting solutions and design decisions.
- 5+ years of Python experience
- A strong foundation in fundamental computer science/software engineering principles
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms
- Understanding of design patterns, object-oriented development and test-driven development
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, readable and reusable code
- Experience with Docker
- Experience designing, building and maintaining APIs, microservices and data pipelines
Technologies/methodologies we use:
- Python, Pandas, Numpy, Cython
- Java/Kotlin, Spring Boot
- Go, Terraform
- AWS, Docker
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- CI/CD, SCRUM, GitLab, Jira, Confluence