Financial Times in partnership with Xoomworks are establishing a research and development centre in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The FT is looking for a seasoned Product Manager to lead development of products that blend seamlessly with customer’s workflows.
The position is strongly cross-functional in nature and the products form part of a platform that supports customers such as internal, B2C and B2B customers – as such the role requires developing strong working relationships with multiple teams across the FT and Nikkei.
This role will work within a lean development team comprising business, customer research, UX, project management, design and engineering skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Experience of managing and improving overall Product Management processes
- History of developing a complete product to market and then supporting / iterating on it post-launch
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer needs and how they use existing products.
- Identify users segments, develop a deep understanding of each segment’s needs and suggest solutions to address these needs.
- Communicate the process and collaborate with international stakeholders from the FT and Nikkei
- Own the product backlog for the products and features, and articulate product vision
- Fill the role of product owner where agile software development is used
- Work with delivery and technology to ensure stakeholders, teams and third parties have clear requirements and communication
- Establish, track and analyse success metrics while feeding back outcomes into the product process
- Track and analyse competitors while feeding lead principles and FT best practice into the development process
- At least 2 years product management experience with a track record of delivering customer-facing digital product
- Previous experience of working within high-growth digital businesses, having brought innovative digital products to market
- Desirable to have a proven track record of improving business metrics
- Desirable to have at least 2 years experience working in an Agile environment
- Desirable to have experience bringing a completely new product to market
- Desirable to have experience within an organisational change environment, preferably with a large stakeholder base
- Knowledge of the entire product lifecycle from insights/analysis, roadmap development, UX, UI and Data-driven approaches
- Proven record of delivering products through collaboration with stakeholders and technical teams
- Confident leading meetings and workshops
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a natural evangelist
- Highly developed and proven influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience producing strong business justifications
To be successful in this role you will …
- Be execution focused and have a proven record of success
- Be able to lead through influence rather than formal authority
- Be results-driven, high-performing, high-quality work attitude
- Have a strong personal interest in the news media, relishing the chance to be part of two great global brands in media
In return we’ll give you:
- Private healthcare
- Meal tickets
- Gym subscription
- 25 days holiday
The Financial Times Ltd. committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our Company and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.