As an online company, we are passionate about utilising the latest emerging technologies to reach the widest audience possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Android Developer to join a recently formed high profile team. You will be part of a fast moving, passionate and respected team with innovative projects running across the mobile world.
- Building cutting-edge Android applications that deliver value to customers
- Produce, review and document standards based, high-quality, optimised code
- Profile and optimise UI application performance
- Day-to-day collaboration across the broader engineering, product development and product delivery teams within the SDLC
- Advocate for exceptional user experience outcomes
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement of software delivery processes and outcomes
- Translate desgins and wireframes inot high quality code.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain high code quality, organization and automatization.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have experience in the development of complex consumer Android applications. You will have experience working in collaborative environments, advocating for superior customer centric outcomes.
In order to be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience in developing Java, core data, push, real-time application, web services over RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with the following technologies/framework: Kotlin, JavaRx, Dagger, Retrofit, Java 8, ButterKnife, Mockito
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Proficient understanding of code version tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- An understanding of performance profiling, unit testing, TDD/BDD and peer review processes
- An Understanding of Agile methodologies in particular Scrum and Kanban.
- Examples of personal projects or contributions to open source projects
- Kotlin experience