Xoomworks is a consulting and technology company that specialises in Technology, Procurement, Digital Innovation and complex bespoke software solutions development, founded in the UK 20 years ago. We help technology driven companies release great products to market quicker and to innovate faster than their competition. Xoomworks teams have strong capability in the latest open source, web, mobile and data technologies and deep expertise in the media, financial and gaming business sectors.
As a User Interface Designer you will tackle complex problems and transform them into designs that not only look great, but are intuitive and easy to use. You will be immersed in the product development lifecycle – from understanding the business case and customer problem, to driving the user experience strategy and co-designing with a cross-functional team to deliver customer focused experiences using agile delivery techniques.
- Ability to clearly share their design approach with stakeholders and listen to stakeholder
feedback, having the confidence to challenge based on design best practice and
recommendations (not just UI execution).
- Has explored a variety of their own solutions, knows strengths/weaknesses of each.
- Seeks feedback on all design work from the wider team via slack and feedback
- Create new designs, including (but not limited to), user flows, journey maps, wireframes and
- Conduct iterative testing and rapidly translate research findings into design.
- Deliver designs for each release by providing production ready assets and supporting the development team through implementation (iOS, Android and Web).
- Work with designers, developers and key stakeholders to ensure brand, style and usability
guidelines are adhered to.
- Connects with the team as often as possible e.g. attendance at team meetings etc.
- Thinks laterally about info that might not be available, yet, but could be asked.
- Considers looking for further info where possible, such as best practice, competitors etc.
- Acknowledges assumptions.
Key Skills and Software Experience
- Solid experience using Sketch. Experience with Abstract desirable. Familiarity with
prototyping technologies, such as Adobe XD, Principle and Axure RP also desirable.
- Strong understanding of interaction design and designing user journeys.
- Awareness and understanding of what is and isn’t technically possible and if not sure seeks
- Skilled in various design techniques such as wireframing, sketching prototyping and
development of UI assets for iOS, Android and Web.
- Knowledgeable and understands Design Thinking, Human Centered design and experienced in working in an agile UX environment within a cross functional team.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Additional health insurance package
- Work in a well-established and growing international company
- Work on projects with some of the world’s leading companies
- Open and friendly working atmosphere, stable work environment, positive office culture
- Personal training plan (annual goals and budget)
- Flexible working hours
- Free Home Office policy