Company & Department Context
Financial Times in partnership with Xoomworks are establishing a research and development centre in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world’s leading business news and information organisations. We are recognised globally for our authority, integrity and accuracy. We provide a broad range of essential services, including news, comment, data and analysis, to the growing audience of internationally minded business people.
The technical platform underlying FT Core comprises more than 200 services across content publishing, membership and data domains and is the engine that drives the FT’s award winning web site, the management of more than 900 thousand subscribers across print and digital products, as well the enterprise data warehouse for strategic data insight.
You will be responsible for delivering value, fostering teamwork, measuring the team’s work, and removing any obstacles impeding delivery. With your clear, adaptive and transparent communication skills, you will facilitate teams to create vision and consensus. Finally you will be responsible for creating transparency for the stakeholders through communication and engagement.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
- Deliver value – Work with leadership team, business owners and teams to ensure that products & services are delivered effectively to realise measurable
- Facilitate team – Resolve conflict and disagreement. Lead workshops. Remove impediments that hold your team back. Help them make decisions. Promote continuous improvement, clarity and empowerment.
- Champion quality - Technical standards, service management, lean-agile best practices and principles.
- Create transparency – Clearly communicate and measure vision, schedule and progress within and outside of the teams.
- Build good governance – Manage and monitor resources and risks, proactively plan and take corrective action where necessary.
- Create vision and value – Help to define, shape and prioritise the vision, goals, initiatives and outcomes – seeking value, avoiding complexity.
- Manage 3rd parties – Manage and collaborate with 3rd parties to ensure they deliver effectively and that contracts are structured appropriately.
- Build community – Work to improve the FT’s Lean-Agile capability. Foster Lean-Agile knowledge, the supporting community and tools across the organisation
Person Specification (Candidate Profile):
You must be enthusiastic, proactive and be able to resolve conflict. The FT values empowerment and you must be able to steer a team towards self-organisation.
- Experience of managing delivery against measurable business outcomes
- Experience leading and coaching Lean-Agile teams
- A good understanding of Lean-Agile principles and multiple methodologies
- Strong experience of coaching Lean-Agile teams and individuals, workshop facilitation and structured problem solving
- Strong experience of digital product development
- A flexible approach to managing multiple teams & initiatives in parallel
- Proactive and an accomplished influencer – ability to negotiate with other programmes and teams to deliver work to fixed deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with ability to present complex concepts clearly
- Comfortable with spoken and written English
- Technical background: understanding software development and web technologies and preferably hands-on experience
- An interest in continuous integration & transitioning to the cloud
- Experience in leading and developing a cross functional team
In return we’ll give you:
- Private healthcare
- Meal tickets
- Gym subscription
- 25 days holiday
The Financial Times Ltd. committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our Company and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.