Xoomworks is a consulting and technology company that specialises in Procurement Technology, Digital Innovation and complex bespoke software solutions development, founded in the UK 20 years ago. We help technology driven companies release great products to market quicker and to innovate faster than their competition. Xoomworks teams have strong capability in the latest open source, web, mobile and data technologies and deep expertise in the media, financial and gaming business sectors.
What differentiates us?
“Any problem is a shared problem” mentality. It is our signature. It shapes the cornerstone of great teamwork and successful partnerships. Enjoy being trusted, respected, and supported.
We encourage our people to express opinions and take ownership. Xoomworks provides flexible and relaxed environment with care of each individual’s needs. Free home policy, no micromanagement, 6 days for self-learning.
The outcome is important to us especially in terms of using our expertise to create sustainable and savvy solutions.
Our client, The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news and information organisations. They are recognised globally for their authority, integrity and accuracy. Financial Times provide a broad range of essential services, including news, comments, data and analysis, to the growing audience of internationally minded business people.
We are looking for Full Stack Engineer to join the FT Specialist department, which is entering a new era. They have a golden opportunity to renew their technology estate, to use best practices and to build a modern sustainable technology stack that will underpin the success of the business for years to come.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Help with technical decision-making to support the technology strategy
- Aid and support personal development of more junior team-members
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business domains within FT Specialist. Use that understanding to shape the development of the platforms you build.
- Work within the department’s strategy and guardrails, and contribute to their ongoing refinement.
- Have a practical approach to working with a large portfolio of products that leverage a diverse range of technologies.
- Communicate widely within the organisation to ensure best practice in other areas is understood and adopted where it makes sense to do so.
Essential skills and experience
- Extensive experience using the wide range of technologies and patterns required to build modern web products and services along with the tools that enable their creation.
- Deep knowledge of at least one programming language
- Experience with NodeJS
- Cloud infrastructure: (AWS, Heroku, GCP or similar)
- Databases, Document stores and search technologies like MySQL, MongoDB or ElasticSearch
- Message queues like Kinesis, SQS etc.
- Application performance tuning and optimisation.
- Understanding of CI and CD delivery pipelines like CircleCI or Jenkins
- Designing for fault tolerance
- Writing automated unit and end-to-end tests – with best practice in mind – for feature development
- Able to balance the customer and business product needs with those needed to build high quality products.
- Understand the importance of diversity and equality in a well functioning team
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely
Desirable skills and experience
- An understanding of CDNs and the role they play is web application architecture. e.g.Fastly, Cloudfront, Akamai etc.
- Instrumenting for observability and operability
- Understand how to build and maintain APIs
- How to design software to support easy scaling using a methodology like the 12 factor app
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Additional health insurance package
- Work in a well established and growing international company
- Work on projects with some of the world’s leading companies
- Open and friendly working atmosphere, stable work environment, positive office culture
- Personal training plan (annual goals and budget)
- Flexible working hours
- Free Home Office policy