Our definition of a Full Stack Engineer is a combination of a software craftsman, DevOps, and a Site Reliability Engineer. If you like to be more than just a specialist in one field, we’re the ideal place for you.
We’re looking for someone who places value on flexibility, an open environment where they can take on responsibility outside of their core, and who enjoys mentoring and coaching other engineers.
We don’t expect you to be an expert at all of this – we are looking for experienced engineers with an appetite to support across a varied stack within a tactile team.
- Experience in our core languages – Python, Java/Kotlin, React
- Experience in AWS, Docker
- Understands the architectural trade-offs between synchronous (e.g. REST) & asynchronous (e.g. Message Queue MQ) designs
- Understands how to minimise the potential inconvenience to customers when deploying complex distributed systems
- Understands the importance of reproducibility when building and testing software, e.g. can judge when to change a version of a package or when to leave it alone
- Can work with partly and non-technical internal and external stakeholders to gain insight into what software they want, and can then deliver it for them
- Someone who values working in a high intensity meritocracy
- Someone who is very strong on Extreme Programming and/or Agile processes
- You must be able to demonstrate an instance where you have learnt a new language or tool, to solve a customer need or fixed problem
- We like books such as the Pragmatic Programmer and the idea of software craftmanship – and we’re looking for like-minded engineers who are passionate about their craft
- Experience helping non-technical people produce requirements and acceptance criteria
- Project management training