Xoomworks is looking for AWS and Node.js enthusiasts who are highly motivated and disciplined, to join a cross located Engineering team based in Cluj and Melbourne.
As a software engineer in one of the teams, you will collaborate with experienced software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results.
- Writing code — lots of it. Write clean, efficient, thoroughly tested code, backed-up with pair programming and code reviews.
- Looking for ways to continuously improve through asking and providing feedback
- Engage with your team to evolve development standards and practices to resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from managers
- Work with team members to take ownership of technical and architecture of critical components and systems
- Actively participate in code and design review including documenting and communicating decisions
- Being part of a multi-functional team and cross-located in Cluj and Melbourne, engaging with product team to flesh out and deliver requirements from inception to production in an agile manner
- Experience in AWS services (e.g. CloudFormation, ECS, EC2)
- In-depth application development knowledge in the following technologies Java 8+ and NodeJS.
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, developing highly scalable applications, application security
- Experience in containerization (e.g. Docker) and modern architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, reactive architecture, event-driven architecture)
- Familiarity with CI/CD methodologies and tools such as Jenkins
- A working knowledge of messaging & queueing system
- Demonstrated expertise with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience working with distributed source control systems like Git, Bitbucket
- Kafka or other streaming technologies
- Serverless technologies (e.g. AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway)
- Experience with graph-based APIs, particularly GraphQL, and operating them at scale
- Experience with managing code for multiple microservices and their related dependencies deployed from a single “mono-repo”
- Experience with Akamai
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Additional health insurance package
- Work in a well established and growing international company
- Work on projects with some of the world’s leading companies
- Open and friendly working atmosphere, stable work environment, positive office culture
- Personal training plan (annual goals and budget)
- Flexible working hours
- Free Home Office policy