Xoomworks is working in partnership with the world’s leading independent organization for children, on a new, innovative and noble project. Our client employs approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. The organization knows that great people make a great organization, and that their employees play a crucial role in helping them achieve their ambitions for children. They value their people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Android Developer to join a recently formed high profile team. You will be part of a fast moving, passionate and respected team with innovative projects running across the mobile world.
- Object oriented design and development
- Design and develop features and functions for Android applications
- Implement high quality user interfaces that work across the range of OS versions anddevice types to match specifications from design team
- Comply with best practices for user interface development, including accessibility and localization.
- Optimizing apps for compatibility and performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Continuously discoverand implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience in developing Kotlin / Java, core data, push, real-time application, web services over RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with the following technologies/framework: JavaRx, Dagger, Retrofit, Java 8, ButterKnife, Mockito
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Proficient understanding of code version tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- An Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Machine learning experience or AI exposure is considered a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Additional health insurance package
- Work in a well established and growing international company
- Work on projects with some of the world’s leading companies
- Open and friendly working atmosphere, stable work environment, positive office culture
- Personal training plan (annual goals and budget)
- Flexible working hours
- Home office policy