When plans were being crafted for the 2011 London Christmas party a few of the Xoomworks team got together, under the stewardship of our own Office Manager Charlene (a.k.a Husky below), and hatched plans to form the house band for the evening.
And so for eight weeks Charlene (lead vocals), David (drums), Neil (guitar) joined Steve (lead guitar), Vai (Backing Vocals) and Wes (Bass) for weekly band practice to perfect the art of classics such as ‘Song 2’, ‘Sweet Dreams’, ‘ET’, ‘Garbage Truck’ and ‘Rollin in the Deep’.
- I don’t wanna say too much, but I will say:
- David Norris needs to play more Rock Band3….not on easy.
- Neil needs to work on his rock kicks.
- Steve needs more practice playing the guitar with his mouth.
- Vai really needs to work on her tambourine playing.
- and I need to work on my moon walk.
Here’s the thoughts of Steve (himself a god-like guitarist with Polaroyd) on what it was like to mentor the new blood and be part of the Xoomworks band.