- Gaps in current technology infrastructure
- Businesses challenging Procurement Directorates
- Regulatory challenges
- Poor internal processes
- Shortfalls in commercial and strategic capability
Challenges for SME’sEven though we are mainly referring to large companies and their procurement functions, small and mid size organisations are also in need of a procurement strategy and modern procurement tools. The main problems companies are facing: too many manual processes and paper, limited adoption and use of preferred suppliers, insufficient financial reporting and controls. E-procurement started being necessary for big, large organisations, but small and medium sized companies also need tools that can improve their procurement performance. The typical challenges in implementing a procure to pay solution for the SME’s are functionality of the solution, cost of deployment and speed of deployment. Historically, Ariba cloud solutions have been exclusively used by big companies who have had the luxury of being able to afford best-in-class software systems, but with SAP Ariba SNAP mid market companies and SME’s can now acquire a solution that meets their needs and, more importantly, budget. SAP Ariba Snap provides, in essence, the same solution as SAP Ariba Buying and Invoicing. The main difference is the deployment methodology (only 12 weeks). The solution is designed to target companies with an annual purchase volume of around $100m-$500m or revenue of around $250m-$1bn.
Let’s see how it works….
- Very easy to use, no need for training for the end user, simple just like buying things as a consumer
- From day 1 you have same set categories based on your industry (preconfigured office supplies, advertising and printing services, marketing services, financial services, legal & HR services, travel, IT goods and services, etc.
- Goods and services are easy to find and to purchase
Is Ariba Snap good for your company?Using this solution will make the buying process easier and more transparent by adopting an easy to use tool whilst creating a more robust procurement system. SAP Ariba Snap allows for:
- Requests for quotes
- Side-by-side comparison of supplier quotes
- Ability to award bid
- Quote-to-requisition capability